What makes Porter’s so exceptional?
Our offerings are vast, but our attention is focused. With 110 course offerings, including extensive Advanced Placement options, students experience a wealth of opportunities in their course of study. With an average class size of 11 and a student to teacher ratio of 8-to-1, their intellectual curiosity is encouraged and empowered.
Goals Across the Curriculum The goal of the academic program at Porter’s is to challenge and support each girl as she learns to:
- become an engaged, self-directed learner;
- use the tools and techniques of each discipline;
- identify and solve problems in increasingly complex contexts;
- progress from concrete to abstract and creative thinking;
- connect ideas across disciplines;
- develop a global perspective;
- communicate clearly and effectively in her own voice.